Sunday, October 20

Minor Field trip and Seminar Travel report

Posted by Unknown


University of Southeastern Philippines
Bo. Obrero Campus, Davao City

TRAVEL REPORT
October 1, 2013


Seminar Overview

Our Minor field trip is scheduled to be on October 1, 2013, but before we had our minor and major field trip we had an Interpersonal skills seminar at Usep Social hall. We had lots of activities related in improving our interpersonal skills and understanding ourselves and others. On this day, we went to PSSCC at Sandawa, Matina, to have a visit at PSSCC or Public Safety and Security Command Center. It was my first time going there. The building is nice. The computers, the conference room and the room where we saw all the video footage of the different cameras in the city was really so amazing and exciting. We had a tour at the building, and while having tour they feed us with the knowledge about everything we see inside and on how do they really do things there. During the tour we asked so many questions because the tour awakened our curiosity. We were really all amazed by PSSCC. We only visited PSSCC in the morning and the visitation ended at about 11:00 am.


Day 1

Today I went on a seminar to Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) at Sandawa, Matina, Davao city. This is what they call the MMDA version of Davao City. This is the agency that is in charge of the safety and the security here in Davao city and is the ones monitoring the traffic conditions here in Davao.

What I learned?
I learned a lot of amazing things about their agency; I was able to compare it to its identical agency at Metro Manila which is the MMDA. I learned about how they manage all the data that are coming from all of the cameras that they have installed in the selected areas in the city. They have informed us on how they take actions from the concerns and the reports that are coming from the different local government agencies like PNP, 911. Also, they have partnered with IBM and, IBM supported PSSCC by donating computer devices and Cameras and everything PSSCC needed in improving their quality of service. I just also learned that there only 3 countries that has 911 and I am proud to say that Davao is one of them. I also learned that the PSSCC uses unified edge technology, where they centralize their communication. The unified edge is the line where the different government agencies are connected and are able to communicate at the same time to be able to respond to any problems that might quickly. In this way, dissemination of information is a lot faster and is more transparent. The PSSCC also use high-tech cameras like what we saw at the MMDA on our Major Field trip. This camera also, monitors specific crowded areas and are used to catch traffic violators. They have approximately 50TB for the storage of data up to 6 months, where 36TB is allotted for IOC and the 12TB is allotted for TOC. And after 6 months, all the data that is stored will be deleted. But they only choose those recordings that are important to remain in the storage device so that it can be used for future references like, for evidences.


What I liked?

I liked everything I have seen at the PSSCC and I also like everything that was informed to me. The office of the agency is a lot bigger than of MMDA and I can say that PSSCC is more advanced in technology. They have more huge monitors, computers, and have high end technology and devices. Having known all of these is really amazing.

What I didn’t like?

I think there’s no such thing that I didn’t like in the visit, or the PSSCC itself. Everything was so cool and amazing.


APPENDIX

What can I recommend for the improvement of the advance seminar program of USEP?

I strongly recommend to still visit MMDA at Metro Manila and PSSCC here in Davao. You could really see the great difference in technology advancement and the processes they take in order to solve issues that they face each day.

My advice to those who will take their advance seminar program in the near future:

To those who will take advance seminar program in the near future, my advice is that you pay attention to every company visit, be curious enough, ask so many questions. And learn a lot of things in the seminar.

Minor Field trip photos

           












0 comments: